The Student News Site of Hickman High School

Purple and Gold News

Purple and Gold News

Purple and Gold News

Bibbidi bobbidi boo, which princess to choose

Which Disney princess is the best

Going through all the princesses, I have selected five: Cinderella, Tiana, Snow White, Aurora, and Mulan.  

I do recommend all of them, but the best one was Tiana. The storyline and the plot were amazing, and you get to see the side character’s personalities. The songs were so catchy and overall fun. I was also a fan of the dress. It makes you get the New Orleans vibe. My reviews and ratings are listed below.

“Cinderella”

Cinderella is one of the most known princesses in Disney, having an evil stepmother and stepsister. Cinderella talked and made friends with the mice that lived with her. When it was time to go to the ball, she wasn’t allowed to. But she had a fairy godmother who gave her a big white sparkly dress and glass slippers. The story ended with a happy ever after. 

Cinderella was always sweet no matter what, and she was also charming. The songs in the movie made the story pop and drew my attention to it. 

The “Cinderella” story starts sad and you start to feel bad for her and the way she has to live. Then it started to get better and I felt all bubbly inside because she finally had true happiness in her life. 

4 out of 5 tiaras

“Snow White and the Seven Dwarves”

Snow White is one of the oldest princess stories made in 1937. 

Snow White starts with the wicked queen consulting her magical mirror and learning that her beautiful stepdaughter, Snow White, is now the “fairest in the land.” Snow White ends up finding seven dwarves and lives with them. The witch has her eat an apple, and she falls asleep until her true love kisses her. 

While watching the movie, there is a lot of color in the story. The way Snow White looked with her pale skin and short bumped hair made her doll-like. Her dress is not as puffy as most princesses, but it complimented her style. I also liked the way they used the dwarves and made each one a different personality. 

While watching the movie, there were some parts that I just couldn’t help but smile and giggle. 

2 out of 5 tiaras

“Princess and the Frog”

Princess Tiana: the top of New Orleans. 

In the beginning, she is an independent woman who works all day to save up money to open up a restaurant like she’s always dreamed of. 

Things take a turn when she meets a prince and they get turned into frogs; they go on a journey to return to being humans. 

While watching, I realized that this story is much different than the others in how it all played out. 

I also like the songs in the movie; they make you want to sing along. 

The characters in the movie all had special parts which made the movie come together. 

At the end, you get to see the dress she gets married in which is such a beautiful green with sparkles which make her skin glow. When watching the movie, you get a see New Orleans.  

5 out of 5 tiaras

“Sleeping Beauty”

“Sleeping Beauty” is one of the classic princess movies. Princess Aurora, who was cursed to sleep for one hundred years by an evil fairy, was awoken by the handsome Prince Phillip in the end. 

To me, the movie focused on finding love even when you least expected it.  

While watching it, you could tell how lovely things can be. The songs were also lovely and soft. 

I loved it when the witch came in to see how different this witch looked from other witches. 

Aurora has a pink, lush, flowing dress that matches her personality. 

When I was watching the movie, I felt like she was just such a truly kind person who just wanted to be happy.      

3 out of 5 tiaras

“Mulan”

Her story starts with her ailing father being drafted into the Chinese military. Mulan takes his spot though. 

As a girl living under a patriarchal regime, she is technically unqualified to serve. So, she cleverly impersonates a man and goes off to train with fellow recruits. 

Throughout this story, there are so many surprises. I like how the story plays out and the songs make you feel strong and are catchy. 

I also realized she didn’t wear a dress since she was fighting. When she is wearing a traditional dress, it ties the culture into the movie even more. 

When I watch, I see Mulan make it happen no matter what happens, which I love. Truly, while watching, I felt strong.   

4 out of 5 tiaras

This poll has ended.

Who's the best Disney Princess?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.